Follow Us

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

1/100 ZGMF-1001-M Blaze Zaku Phantom Rey Za Burell Colors


I feel Zakus don't get much love since they're usually the antagonists in the Gundam Universe. They are reminescent of World War I German Stormtroopers after all. But I think they have a certain "charm" to their design, especially this one from the Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny series. The ZGMF-1001 M Blaze ZAKU Phantom is more angular and "spikey" than the Universal Century Zakus which are more rounded and "organic".







Technically, not the very first kit I tried painting since I initially tried hand brushing the weapons of my Gundam Astray kits with the use of paint brushes art and craft acrylics which I already had and it didn't really turn out so well. As I've learned, painting model kits entail more than just paint and brushes. This is the first kit that I attempted painting with the use of an airbrush in tandem with spray cans. As with the other kits I've worked on, It's all part of the learning experience. I did not acquire all the hobby tools I have now in an instant. It was a long, slow process. I will be touching on that in another post. 

Anyway, I painted this using water-based art and craft acrylics since I already had them in my art toolbox. After working on this project, I've decided that the only way to go if one wants to paint and customize their Gundam model kits is to use hobby-grade paints and tools. The above photos is just the snap-built, unpainted kit. The following photos show how this one turned out.

              

     

                                     

Here's a 'before' and 'after' comparison:


I thought it looked a bit plain so I applied some third-party water slide decals and some dry transfer decals which I got from the very first Singapore Toys, Games, and Comic Convention (STGCC) in 2008.  So here's pretty much the "final" product:

             

             

      

Thanks for viewing.




No comments:

Post a Comment