Follow Us

Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Gundam Sketchbook

Drawing is much like riding a bicycle. Once you learn it, you don't really forget how to do it. Of course without practice, you would get rusty at it. Working with computers all these years, it's a rare opportunity for me to work with traditional tools like the basic pencil and paper. I have had to make an effort to shut my computer down and go back to basics. And here's what I came up with:

Tallgeese III. Pencil on paper. 2012

Astray Red Frame. Pencil on paper. 2012

I truly apologize for the sloppy work. Which is why I brought it upon myself to join in on some local art groups' sketching sessions in the hopes of reviving my ailing drawing skills. This gives me an idea for a "Project 365." I will try my best to commit to this but no promises. Hahaha. I'll try to fill up this notebook which I am officially calling "My Gundam Sketchbook" and TRY to come up with one drawing a day. Well, just for a bit of flexibility since I really don't carry around this notebook as often as I do my iPad, I will be using  my iPad's virtual sketchbook in conjunction with my physical sketchbook. Wish me luck!

Thanks for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment