Follow Us

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

HG 1/100 OZ-00MS2B Tallgeese III


Ever since I laid eyes this mobile suit design, I instantly took a liking to it. As I am not well-versed in Gundam lore nor have I seen the complete Gundam Wing series (although I did get to watch Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz Special Edition OVA), I only know as much about the Tallgeese III as I've seen in the animated feature. I do like that majority of this mobile suit is pristine white with a dash of blue and gold (yellow). Quite elegant if I may say so myself.




At the time I started working on this kit, there were only rumours abound of a Master Grade version of it coming out soon. I have yet to be exposed to "scratchbuilding" or "customizing" Gundam model kits and my only concern is how to make the kit look as close to how it was pictured in the packaging art and manual, although I had no intention of following all the colours EXACTLY how it was presented. I'm somewhat of a "rebel" that way. Hahaha.

This is the very first kit that I have attempted to paint in full using spray cans. Tried different kinds and brands. Perhaps my only regret is not starting the trials with hobby-grade spraycans like Tamiya. Out of the stuff that I have tried out, the Tamiya spraycan acrylics have the best adhesion, fineness, and coverage. Another plus is that they dry relatively fast. The other brands I've tried takes quite a while before they're completely dry, especially the enamel-based ones. I have read in the different forums and Web sites that humidity and temperature affects the fineness and adhesion of the paint when using aerosol canisters so your spray times are dependent on the general weather conditions. This is also true even if you're using airbrushes. You can read more about it here.


As you could see in the photos, I messed this kit up big time. I had the feet units and the shield soaked in alcohol for a long time. I'm hoping I can still salvage it with a bit of sanding and repainting. Wish me luck.

I did eventually get the Master Grade OZ-00MS Tallgeese kit and I have an extra HG Tallgeese III kit. I'm planning on modifying the MG Tallgeese into the Tallgeese III with the HG parts and I'll make the OZ-00MS Tallgeese and OZ-00MS2 Tallgeese II in HG, up there in my long list of projects.

                           

                       


Thanks for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment